Ready to apply for WBE certification? Need to get recertified? We've made our online process simple and straightforward, here's how to get started.
Through the Ohio River Valley Women’s Business Council (ORV-WBC), your business can be certified as a nationally recognized Woman Business Enterprise (WBE). ORV-WBC is affiliated with the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). Once certified, your business is listed in the WBENC national database, which is accessed by hundreds of corporations throughout the United States. Many corporations require that you be certified before they will extend a contract to you as a WBE.
Apply for certification online, through the WBENC website. Read the application instructions and the listing of mandatory attachments you'll be required to submit before ORV-WBC can process your application. For more information about the certification process, please contact our Certification Manager at 513-487-6503.
- All prospective members must provide clear and documented evidence that at least 51% or more of the business is women-owned, managed, operated and controlled.
- The business owner must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident alien. Evidence must indicate that:
- The contribution of capital and/or expertise by the woman business owner is real and substantial, and in proportion to the interest owned.
- The woman business owner directs or causes the direction of management, policy, fiscal, and operational matters.
- The woman business owner shall have the ability to perform in the area of specialty or expertise without reliance on either the finances or resources of a firm that is not owned by a woman.
- The woman business owner holds the highest officer position in the company. The Ohio River Valley Women's Business Council maintains a stringent screening process, which ensures that all firms in our membership are legitimately owned, managed, and controlled by women.
After you submit the required online application, you will receive an e-mail from WBENC instructing you to submit your documents, plus a non-refundable processing fee (0-1M = $350, 1-5M=$500, 5-10M=$750, 10-50M=$1,000, 50M+=$1,250) made payable to Ohio River Valley Women's Business Council to us at:
Ohio River Valley Women's Business Council
3458 Reading Road
Cincinnati, Oh 45229
THANK YOU for your interest in the Ohio River Valley Women's Business Council. We are committed to providing quality support and beneficial services that foster linkages and growth of women businesses in our region. To refer a page from our website to a business partner, please fill out the form below. A link to the page will be sent within a couple of hours.